I have the honor of being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This is my first nomination for this peer-recognition award, and it comes from Melinda V. Inman a fiction writer, whose books and writing will spark your mind and stir your faith by pointing you to the powerful truth and grace of God’s Word as fulfilled in Christ Jesus.
Be sure to check out Melinda’s blog here. You can find a link to Melinda’s books here. Follow here to connect with Melinda using her Twitter link. Melinda’s poignant words and graceful depictions draw you into the characters’ lives and carry you away to experience God’s message of redemption through the eyes of another. You will be blessed by reading her work!
Thank you, Melinda, for this nomination! It’s been a true joy to be part of a blogging community with other Christian writers who encourage me and challenge me every week with their solid content. So, I’m thrilled to nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award other writers and bloggers who encourage and challenge me, as well.
First, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog. (Thank you again, Melinda!)
- Answer the 11 questions that were presented to you by your nominator. (See below.)
- Nominate 11 bloggers. (See below the fold for my nominations!)
- Ask 11 questions. (These must be different from the ones you answered.)
- List the rules. (Check. Here they are.)
- Display the Sunshine Blogger logo in your post or blog site. (Check. See above.)
And now to answer Melinda’s questions for me:
1. How did Jesus first cause you fall in love with him?
I was blessed to grow up in a loving Christian home and learned of God’s truth and grace from my parents. Through their TLC and our activities at church, my earliest memories include a precious love of Jesus. So, my life has been a slow growing love story with the King of my heart.
2. How did you come to the point of committing your life to Jesus and entrusting him for your salvation?
I confessed Jesus as Lord and chose to be baptized when I was in middle school. However, after a period of questioning in my early twenties, the light of God’s truth pierced through in a personal and profound way. For some reason, I heard the verses from John 14:1-4 in a new way and my belief in Christ and the truth of God’s Word became a soul-knowing.
3. How has he gifted you to serve him in this world?
God has blessed me with many gifts. After the gift of Jesus of course, which anchors my very soul, the gift of my husband and family help to anchor me, as well. As for talents, I am a teacher, singer, musician and writer. God has used each of these skills to allow me to help others.
4. How did you discover your gifting?
As I helped care for my younger brother who has a disability, I grew to cherish the gift of teaching and helping others learn. In the area of music, I sang and played piano at church since childhood and this continues to bring me great joy today. As for writing, I began to see my gift of writing while in school and then college. My gift of writing continued to blossom during my teaching career and has grown into a source of personal and spiritual enrichment now that my life has become more limited with health challenges. In each area, God has used the gifts He has given me to help others and bring Him glory. For that, I am truly and humbly grateful.
5.What’s the most difficult trial the Lord has brought you through or is currently bringing you through?
I am currently learning to re-make myself through God’s parting of the seas before me. I was a teacher for many years. However, after surgery, medication and treatments, I had to leave that position and live with physical limitations that have led to my writing here. This very post, is an example of God bringing me through. He has been faithful.
6.How did or how is the Lord using that trial for good, or do you know that part yet?
For one, I was able to publish my first book entitled,
This book has offered me the opportunity to use my times of difficulties and sorrow, to help others who may be struggling. God is using this trial for His good in ways I could have never imagined.
7. When you were a small child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
From an early age, I always wanted to be a teacher.
8. Now that you’re grown, what have you become?
Through many twists and turns, I have become a writer.
9. How did you arrive at that vocation or calling?
When I wrote articles in the workplace, for church or for other occasions, people always told me they were touched by my gift of words. I found such joy, capturing a truth, an experience or something of God’s character through words. Then, during a small group Bible study we sought God’s calling for our individual lives and through that time of discernment and goal setting, I committed to write my book. God used the accountability of the group and the commitment I made before Him to bring about His plans for me in the area of writing.
10. What is your purpose for writing and blogging?
My greatest purpose is to bring honor and glory to Christ and fulfill God’s calling for my life. I pray that through my small words, I will help point people to The Word, Jesus.
11. What do you imagine eternity with Christ will be like?
I imagine eternity to be a place of complete peace, where we will experience a mix of eternal awe at God’s beauty and holiness and eternal joy at the price Jesus paid so we could be a part of it. I can’t wait!
Next, my nominations. I look forward to learning more about them from their answers to my questions. Dear friends, please do not feel obligated to participate. Simply know that I am honored to know you and learn from you, your faith and your writing. If you have the time and are able to join in, I welcome you!
Be sure to read the work of these outstanding writers! Here are my nominations:
Here are the questions I’d like my nominees to answer. Can’t wait to read the answers!
- How did you come to know and trust Jesus with your life?
- How has God’s Word, the Bible, impacted your life?
- How has knowing Jesus changed your life?
- How is God using the gifts He has given you?
- When has your faith in Christ helped you through something difficult?
- How has the Lord brought about something good from a time of trial in your life?
- What helps keep your faith growing?
- What is your favorite Bible story, character or verse?
- Why is that special to you?
- What is your purpose for writing and blogging?
- What do you think you will say to Jesus when you get to heaven?
Thank you for reading! And thank you again, Melinda, for the kind encouragement your nomination brings. God bless you all, dear writers, for the joy, the uplifting words, and the many lessons you bring into our lives through your writing!